SENDIASS - Who are we?
Bedford SENDIASS - SENDIASS stands for Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service. We were formerly called Bedford SEND Advice and have been supporting parents, carers and young people for many years.
The below video provides an Introduction to Information Advice and Support Service
What we do
Bedford SENDIASS offers free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) as well as young people themselves, to families who live in the Bedford Borough area.
We provide a confidential and impartial information and advice service. If you are a young person, we can provide you with information and support in addition to the support we provide your parents or carers.
How can we help
- We can help you find local and national services.
- We can help you prepare for important meetings at nurseries, schools or colleges, with Health and social care if they relate to your education. We can help you understand the processes or have your voice heard in difficult meetings about exclusion, admissions and Interim reviews etc.
- We can support you through the Education, Health and Care Plan process, including requesting an assessment by the local authority, help completing Section A ( about you and your child), and reviewing the draft Plan.
- We can help with deciding which nursery, school, college or course might be best for your child/young.
- We can provide advice and support if your child has SEN or a disability and has been excluded.
- We can help you plan with your child’s nursery, school, college or course the help that would help your child to make as much progress as is possible.
How to contact us?
Telephone 01234 276267 lines are open Term Time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, we offer 30 minutes bookable appointments between 10am and 2pm daily, you can book a slot by telephoning or sending an email to Email Sendiass@bedford.gov.uk