Guidance for educational settings
Click here for all Covid-19 related resources.
- Ofsted Section 5 Inspection Handbook. Published November 2019.
- Ofsted Section 8 Inspection Handbook. Published May 2019, Updated November 2019.
- Inspecting safeguarding Early Years, education and skills setting. Guidance for inspectors carrying out inspections under the education inspection framework from September 2019. Published May 2019, updated September 2019.
- Ofsted Slideshare
- Latest Documents from Ofsted
- Ofsted News (Youtube)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019: statutory guidance for schools and colleges (DfE). Published September 2019.
- School Attendance Guidance 2019: guidance for maintained schools, academies, independent schools and local authorities (DfE). Published July 2019
- Exclusion Guidance 2017: exclusion from maintained schools, academies and pupil referral units in England Statutory guidance for those with legal responsibilities in relation to exclusion (DfE). Published September 2017
- Online Guidance: what academies, free schools and colleges should publish online (DfE). Published June 2016, updated October 2018.
- Online Statutory Guidance: what maintained schools must publish online. Published September 2014, updated October 2018.
Safeguarding and online security
- How to handle sexting incidents as a parent or teacher (SWGfL)
- "So You Got Naked Online" Released SWGfL guidance for young people who had already sent a 'sext'. Additional support material
- Undressed Song and Video (LGfL DigiSafe) to help schools and parents spread the message of never getting undressed in front of a phone, iPad or computer, for the very youngest primary pupils.
- Online Safety (Breck Foundation). The Breck Foundation campaigns for a safer internet for all children and young people. Breck's Last Game (certificate 15) has been rolled out in secondary schools across the UK to highlight the risks of grooming.
- Cybersecurity and Online Learning. Secure Schools Cybersecurity company have made available to schools without charge a new collection of documents covering security features of Video Teleconferencing (VTC) technology.