SENDIASS - Who are we?
Bedford SENDIASS - SENDIASS stands for Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service. We were formerly called Bedford SEND Advice and have been supporting parents, carers and young people for many years.
The below video provides an Introduction to Information Advice and Support Service
What we do
Bedford SENDIASS offers free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) as well as young people themselves, to families who live in the Bedford Borough area.
We provide a confidential and impartial information and advice service. If you are a young person, we can provide you with information and support in addition to the support we provide your parents or carers.
How can we help
- We can help you find local and national services.
- We can help you prepare for important meetings at nurseries, schools or colleges, with Health and social care if they relate to your education. We can help you understand the processes or have your voice heard in difficult meetings about exclusion, admissions and Interim reviews.
- We can offer information advice and guidance on Education, Health and Care Plan process, including requesting an assessment by the local authority, help completing Section A ( about you and your child)
- We can provide advice and support if your child has SEN or a disability and has been excluded.
- We can help you plan with your child’s nursery, school, college or course the help that would help your child to make as much progress as is possible.
How to contact us?
You can contact us on 01234 267267 are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4:30pm during term time. If we don't answer your call immediately it is because we are supporting other families. Please leave a short brief message with your contact details. We will call you back at the earliest opportunity. Alternative email you enquiry to Sendiass@bedford.gov.uk
As an impartial service we ask that the parent/carer or young person contact the service direct to book an appointment slot if deemed neccessary. We are unable to accept referrals from third parties
We provide confidential support concerning educational issues for residents of Bedford Borough. We are impartial from school, local authority, health, social care and other organisations to provide advice and support.
We are a small service who aim to respond to enquires as quickly as possible.
Where appropriate SENDIASS will offer a 20 minute bookable appointment between 10am and 2pm term time only.