Bromham Library - Coronavirus update
This week, Bedford Borough Libraries are beginning to reopen on a phased basis in line with the next step of the Government’s COVID-19 roadmap out of lockdown.
Libraries are opening for limited browsing and essential PC use from the following dates:
- Monday 12th April – Bedford Central and Kempston libraries
- Monday 19th April – Putnoe Library
- Monday 26th April – Bromham and Wootton libraries.
Bromham and Wootton libraries will offer a Select and Collect service from the library entrance for some hours from Wednesday 14th April until they reopen on Monday 26th April. The Mobile Library will be on the road from the 13th April and will also deliver a Select and Collect service.
The libraries have been rearranged to allow social distancing and there is a one-way system in place. There is a limit on the number of people who can be in the library at any one time, so you may be asked to queue. To ensure the safe use of the library, a reduced range of stock will be accessible and not all services will be available. Once you’ve chosen your books you can borrow them using the self-service machines.
We’ve reduced the number of PCs in use to allow social distancing. Customers will be able to book one 45-minute session per day. You can book a session using the online booking form:
When you visit the library, please:
- Queue with at least 2 metres between you and the next person
- Wear a face covering, unless you have a legitimate reason not to
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Scan the NHS Test and Trace QR poster using your smartphone, or complete a NHS Test and Trace form
- Follow social distancing rules
- Help other customers by not staying longer than you need to.
If you can’t visit the library, don’t worry about any items you have on loan as they’ve been renewed until the 17th May or later.
As the libraries reopen, the Select and Collect service will reduce. Staff selected bundles won’t be available from most libraries but you can still request titles for free using Arena or the Bedford Borough Libraries app and pick them up from the collection shelves when they’re ready.
Who to contact
- 01234 824391
Where to go
- Bromham Library
- MK43 8NT
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday Staffed 10am - 12:00 noon Self-Service 12 noon - 5pm Tuesday Self-Service 9am - 2pm Staffed 2pm - 5pm Wednesday Staffed 10am - 12 noon Self-Service 12 noon - 5pm Thursday Self-Service 9am - 2pm Staffed 2pm - 5pm Friday Staffed 10am - 12 noon Self-Service 12 noon - 5pm Saturday Self-Service 9am - 10am Staffed 10:am - 1pm Self-Service 1pm - 4pm
- Time of day
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old