Achieve Project: Supporting Young People with Learning Disabilities – Transitions UK
Who we are?
Transitions UK is a charity supporting young people through person centred planning towards a happier, more inclusive and more productive adult life.
What we do?
The Achieve Project offers a two-year programme of volunteer-based activities, skills development, mentoring and befriending to encourage young people with learning disabilities to make a positive transition from education to the wider community and towards independence. We provide a unique cluster support model, commended by BBC Children in Need, to assist young people with making choices, gaining skills, building friendships, confidence and self-esteem.
Our skills and personal development sessions for young people include:
- Shopping for meal preparation
- Meal preparation and cleaning
- Out and about in the local community
- Budgeting finances
- Managing change and transitions
- Positive relationships
- Healthy Living and Personal Hygiene
- Job searching
- CV writing
- Applying for work
- Gaining work experience, apprenticeships etc.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Christ Church
140, Dudley Street
- MK40 3SX
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 4pm to 8pm Wednesday evenings
- Session Information
4pm-5pm Social/Flexible Hour – young people may arrive at any time during this hour to begin at 5pm. 5pm-8pm Core Time – this includes a shared meal and activities/skills session
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £12 per weekly session or £50 a month
- This cost is 22% of our overall project costs and supports the provision of: • Skills acquisition, personal development and life planning • Cluster development • Holiday activities • Free meals and refreshments at each session • Telephone and text support Transitions UK has a fee policy for parents in financial hardship. Please contact Jess Welch for more information regarding our fees policy. We never turn a young person away purely on financial grounds.
- Age Bands
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
- SEN Provision Type