Bedford Advocacy Service
What we do
This services provides advocacy for children and young people in the care of Bedford Borough Council. The service is also available for young people involved in legal proceedings and child protection conferences.
Meet our team and an introduction to what advocacy is here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geEGI59P0j4
We can help with
Advocacy and participation (children in care)
One-to-one support for looked-after children and young people and other vulnerable young people e.g. those on a child protection plan focused on their right to be heard and involved in decisions about them, explaining their wishes, arguing their case. Activities and training for families and professionals.
What is Advocacy?
- Help you to get your views across
- Allows you to have your say when decisions are being made about you.
- A service independent of Children's Social Care and the Council.
- An Advocate works for you, and only you.
What can an advocate do for me?
- Give you information about your rights
- Help you to have your say in meeting like you Review, Child Protection Conference, Family Group Conference or the Children in Care Council.
- Speak on your behalf when decisions are being made.
- Help you to make a complaint if you are not happy with the service you receive.
Is it confidential?
- What you tell us is private
- We only share information with your agreement
- However if we geel that you or someone else might be harmed we may have to share the information.
Apply for this service
Who to contact
Where to go
- LU5 5QN
- Get directions
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old