Bedford Advocacy Service
Bedford Advocacy Service is run by Barnardo's. It is a free service for children and young people who are receiving help from Bedford Borough Council Social Care Service and meet one of the additional requirements:
- Aged up to 19 (or 25 if you have a disability)
- Living in Care
- A Care Leaver
What is Advocacy?
- Help you to get your views across
- Allows you to have your say when decisions are being made about you.
- A service independent of Children's Social Care and the Council.
- An Advocate works for you, and only you.
What can an advocate do for me?
- Give you information about your rights
- Help you to have your say in meeting like you Review, Child Protection Conference, Family Group Conference or the Children in Care Council.
- Speak on your behalf when decisions are being made.
- Help you to make a complaint if you are not happy with the service you receive.
Is it confidential?
- What you tell us is private
- We only share information with your agreement
- However if we geel that you or someone else might be harmed we may have to share the information.
Who to contact
- 0800 917 7947 Text number 07584 206572
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old