Knebworth House, Gardens, and Adventure playground - Coronavirus update
Enjoy a Safe Visit
We want everyone to enjoy their day out at Knebworth House, Park & Gardens and would like to reassure all our visitors that we are adhering to all guidelines issued by Public Health England and the Government in relation to Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
The Health & Safety of our visitors is very important to us and we have implemented the following practices:
- Limited capacity across all areas of the site.
- We have displayed signage throughout the site advising staff and public to regularly wash hands and follow the catch it, bin it, kill it guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the site.
- We have issued clear guidelines to all of our staff.
- At weekends the House will open on a limited number free flow basis.
- Monday – Friday the house will offer Guided tours to groups of up to 6 or complete households.
- The British Raj Exhibition and Watchman’s Tower remain closed.
- The Adventure playground is open with the exception of the Bouncy Castle & Drop Slides.
- The Tea Room will be offering a takeaway service.
- Markers have been placed 2 metres apart in areas where there may be a queue to encourage social distancing.
- We have introduced additional cleaning regimes.
We are continually monitoring the situation and following government guidance, and have been granted the official UK ‘We’re Good To Go’ mark to show we are following Government and Industry Covid-19 guidelines.
Park & Gardens admission includes entry to the Adventure Playground and Dinosaur Trail!
Family fun in the Gardens
There is so much to do in the Gardens offering great fun for all ages. Children under 3 years of age are admitted to the Gardens and Park free of charge. Click here to find out more.
Venture into the Wilderness Garden – look out for the Willow House.
Listen to the wind-up sound box and identify the wild birds from their song
Our famous Dinosaur Trail in the Wilderness Garden is very popular with younger visitors. The 72 life-sized dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures can be found grazing amongst the shrubbery. Exploring the woodland paths, children can learn about the T-Rex, the Woolly Mammoth and other fascinating pre-historic creatures. There are information boards throughout the Dinosaur Trail and a huge chalk board for creating your own ‘cave-man drawings’. Look out for the wind-up sound box and make some dinosaur roars.
The Adventure Playground is a favourite destination for our younger visitors. Children can play all day on the swings, slides and play equipment.
The Playground’s cash-only kiosk serves drinks and ice-creams. Please feel free to bring a picnic and enjoy the Park. Large covered picnic shelters are provided for visitors to use. There is plenty of space for car and coach parking near the Adventure Playground and in the barns car park.
Children under 1 metre MUST be accompanied by a responsible person over 16 years old on the same mat.
This slide has no minimum height restriction (when accompanied by a responsible person) but ALL riders MUST be able to walk unaided to be able to take a turn.
Parking is available directly in front of the House by prior arrangement. Accessible car parking spaces are available to anyone who requires it at the playground and the barns car park.
The Garden paths are mostly gravel.
Guide dogs for the blind and hearing dogs for the deaf are permitted throughout the House, Gardens and Park.
Free admission for full time carers on a 1:1 basis
Knebworth House and Park operates the standard admission policy that essential companions accompanying any paying visitor may receive complimentary admission providing that they can present one of the following pieces of evidence on arrival at the ticket kiosk.
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA);
- Attendance Allowance (AA);
- Blind Persons Registration;
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP);
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
- CredAbility’s Access Card with +1 symbol
- CEA Card
Without proof as listed standard admission entry charges will apply. Any further members of the party will pay full price.
Unfortunately we cannot accept blue/orange badges, HANDS cards, carers passport etc.
We are happy to offer assistance to visitors wherever possible and if you have any further queries please contact the duty manager.
For more detailed information about accessing Knebworth House, Gardens and Park please read our Access Statement or call the Estate Office who will be happy to advise 01438 812661.
2020 Opening dates:
(subject to amendments)
27th May – 6th September
12th September – 27th September
2020 Opening Times:
Gardens & Dinosaur Trail, Park and Adventure Playground
11:00 am to 5:00 pm
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Knebworth House & Park are accessed direct from the Junction 7 roundabout of the A1(M) motorway at Stevenage South, 29 miles north of London. There are signs on both carriageways of the motorway. There is plenty of free parking. If you are using a Sat Nav system use the post code of the Stevenage Novotel at Junction 7 – SG1 2AX – not the Knebworth House post code.
Who to contact
- 01438 812661
Where to go
- Knebworth House
- SG3 6PY
- Get directions
- Pleaase contact the provider for ticket/admission prices
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old