Kooth - Online counselling and emotional well-being service
What is Kooth?
Kooth is a free, safe and anonymous online chat and emotional wellbeing service for young people aged 11 to 25, who live in Bedford Borough.
Kooth is here for you when you need someone to talk to.
If you are going through a hard time and you are not sure who to speak to, login to Kooth. You will find friendly councillors who can help you talk through your problems and help you with anything that's on your mind. This could be about bullying, relationships, work life difficulties, money worries, problems at home, coping with stress, anxiety or grief from losing someone.
Who can use Kooth?
- Young people 11-25 years old
Young people who live in Bedford Borough
What are the benefits of using Kooth?
- It's free, safe and confidential
- You can access this service anonymously
- You can book virtual chat sessions with qualified counsellors and therapists.
- Have one-2-one text based chat sessions for support and advice.
- No referral needed or waiting list - you can access this service now and immediately receive support
- You can write in a daily journal and track your goals to reflect your thoughts and feelings
The service is anonymous and free at the point of use. On www.Kooth.com children and young people can chat online to professional counsellors, read articles written by young people, join forums to receive peer-to-peer support, access self-help materials and keep a daily journal. The regular forums cover topics ranging from exam stress and anxiety to eating disorders and grief.
Young people can also log on to access one-to-one online counselling sessions with a qualified counsellor from 12pm until 10pm on weekdays, and from 6pm until 10pm on weekends.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Qualified Counsellor sessions are scheduled Monday to Friday 12 noon to 10pm
Sat and Sun 6pm to 10pm.
- Free to use
- Referral required
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old