Bedford Hospital Learning Disability Liaison Service
If you find it hard to read this you can make the writing bigger by pressing ctrl and + keys together and stop pressing the buttons when the writing is big enough.
To make the writing go back to normal size press ctrl and 0 keys together.
Supporting patients who have a learning disability
Patients with learning disabilities will need special consideration to ensure that they receive the care and treatment which meets their specific needs and maintains their safety. Preparation is crucial in supporting people with learning disabilities; whether carrying out examinations, investigations, treatment or supporting an admission onto a ward.
The Learning Disability Liasion Service who help support adults who have a learning disability, their carers, and their families. They work with hospital staff to help them to understand how best to care for people who have a learning disability
If you have a learning disability you might need extra help when you come to hospital. Staff at the hospital will think about what changes they might need to make to their usual service. This is to make sure that you get the care and treatment that you need.
If you need help in your hospital appointment, getting ready for a hospital visit, or when you are staying in hospital you can contact the Learning Disability Liasion Service:
Telephone 07768132244 / 07833294335 Please leave a message with your contact details if we are unable to answer.
Help and Guidance
- Learning Disability Strategy
- Things to remember when you have a hospital appointment
- Things to bring with you when you come into hospital
- ‘All About Me’ – Please fill out this booklet and bring it to the hospital with you every time you visit. It will help hospital staff to understand your needs.
- There are some easy read health leaflets available here
- Questions to ask in your appointment
- Find out more about going into hospital with a learning disability
- Help and support for your family or carers
Who to contact
- 07768132244 / 07833294335
Where to go
- Luton and Dunstable University Hospital
- LU4 0DZ
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 9am to 5:30 Monday to Friday
- Referral required
- Age Bands
18-25 years old
Parents and carers