Educational Psychology Team- Lockdown drop in coronavirus update
Bedford Borough Educational Psychology team drop in dates are now available for 2020/21. The leaflet is on the right hand side of the page. Due to Covid-19 all appointments are currently being conducted online over Microsoft Teams.
Who are we?
The Educational Psychology Team work with schools and families, to improve children and young people’s learning experience, when there are concerns around their learning, behaviour or emotional well-being. We are a Buy Back service working with schools, parents and children/young people.
What do we do?
To schools that have bought an assessment package we offer assessment of pupils with a range of identified Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND). To schools that have bought a buy back package we offer assessment, advice and intervention, drop-in sessions for parents and schools, and CPD.
Who we work with
- Individual children and/or their parents/carers
- Pre-school providers, parents and carers for children under school age.
- Groups and individual staff in educational settings to develop ways of working with children as individuals and in groups
- Educational settings to provide guidance on managing whole school issues, such as reducing bullying, improving playground behaviour and teaching children to read
- Other professionals from health authorities, social services and voluntary organisations
Services we provide
- Free Drop-in service for all schools that buy back our full package
- Research and project work to promote inclusion and support school improvement
- Awareness raising and training for professional staff and voluntary groups about using psychology in education.
- Direct work with individuals and groups of children
- Advice and support in response to critical incidents in the community.
- Advice and support for strategic planning & policy development within the Borough Council
Who to contact
- 01234 228693
Where to go
- Bedford Borough Council
- MK42 9AP
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The SENDCo should complete an Early Help Assessment (EHA) form for each case, and send this to email@example.com. If the student already has an EHCP or there is active social care involvement it is not necessary to complete an EHA. Please note that the EP is unable to work with an individual child or young person until a completed and signed EHA form has been received.
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old
- SEN Provision Type