Parking in Bedford Borough
Council car parks
We have a variety of public car parks for workplace parking or somewhere to park while shopping in Bedford town centre.
Bedford town centre parking
Parking in Bedford town centre is simple and convenient.
- Up to 2 hours every Saturday in all Council-owned town centre surface and multi-storey car parks.
- All day every Sunday in Council-owned town centre car parks
- Every day after 6pm in all town centre car parks with the exception of River Street
- Free on street parking after 6pm, Monday - Saturday except for Castle Lane which is 11pm
- First 2 hours parking free Monday to Saturday in Queen Street Car Park
You may still need to put a 'pay and display' ticket on your vehicle
Late night parking
Allhallows multi-storey, Lurke Street and River Street multi-storey car parks are open 24 hours 7 days a week. Lurke Street and Allhallows car parks offer free parking from 6pm to 6am.
Parking is now free for up to 2 hours in all town centre multi-storey and surface car parks on Saturdays. This does not apply to on-street parking.
- Allhallows multi-storey car park
- Lurke Street multi-storey car park
- Queen Street multi-storey car park
- River Street multi-storey car park
- Duckmill Lane surface car park
- Greyfriars surface car park
- St Peter's Street surface car park
- St Marys Gardens
Car park season tickets
Season tickets are permits/passes which allow you to park in a particular car park and are available for most car parks. With a season ticket the average price of daily parking reduces and there is no need to visit a pay machine as the season ticket has already been paid for.
Please note that a season ticket is only valid for the car park for which you have paid for.
Season car park tickets start at the 1 of each month.
Electrical vehicle charging bays
Electric vehicle charging bays are available in all Council car parks, view the map here.
Avoid getting a fine
To avoid getting a fine, you still need to put a 'pay and display' ticket on your vehicle, even though the first 2 hours are free.
Check arrangements at the car park when you park your vehicle.
Displaying the free pay and display tickets helps us to monitor how long vehicles have been parked for. This ensures a regular turnover of spaces and prevents abuse of the scheme.
If you want to park for longer than two hours, you will need to pay the relevant tariff.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- 01234 718057
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old
- SEN Provision Type