Bizzy Bees Preschool
Response to COVID-19
Are you open for keyworkers children and vulnerable children? NO
Are you willing to accept children from other providers? NO
Bizzy Bees Pre-School CIO is a home from home environment located in a thriving village. We pride ourselves on having nurturing staff, a manager with over 18 years of Early Years’ experience and good parent relationships – many who are on our committee. We are a free-flow setting and we offer every child an enabling environment in which they can thrive and grow. We work very closely with the Early Years team located at Bedford Borough Hall, the Child Development Centre in Kempston and have experience in 1:1 care and other additional needs. We believe that working in partnership with parents is key to ensuring all children are able to achieve their own personal goals.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Paula Bannell
- Contact Position
- 01234 767785
Parents can contact us direct via email email@example.com , our website www.bizzybeespreschool.org, or telephone 01234 767785. Sessions are currently 3-hour morning or afternoon session. Bizzy Bees also offer breakfast club with breakfast provided and a lunch club at (bring your own packed lunch). We currently have a healthy waiting list for September 2019, although we have new starters welcomed throughout the academic year. We encourage parents to bring their child along for stay and play sessions of approximately 1 hour at the setting prior to starting, in order that they may become familiar with both staff and surroundings.
We are an all-inclusive setting, where each child’s needs are considered and met wherever possible prior to starting with us. We are able to apply for additional and exceptional needs funding.
We work closely alongside the Early Years Team at Bedford Borough and have good working relationships with other professionals such as specialist nursery nurses, speech & language therapists and social service support. We have regular meetings with our parents and we are able to signpost them to other services such as the Local Offer and Children’s Centres. Each child has a Key Person and a Tapestry based tracking and observation system, which parents can view at any time.
Our staffing team consists of:
- Paula Bannell: Manager, Level 5, Safeguarding Officer, Health & Safety Officer, behaviour co-ordinator.
- Claire Buchanan: Deputy Manager, Level 3 EYP, SENDCO, Lift off to Language, Deputy Safeguarding Officer and Behaviour co-ordinator.
- Shireen Done: Level 5 EYP, 2 Year Old Co-ordinator, Equal Opportunities Co-Ordinator
- Bethany Brown: Level 3 EYP, Planning Coordinator.
- Sarah Meadows: Level 3 (in training), PANCO, 2 year old co-ordinator
- Kim McNamara: Level 3 (in training), Planning & First Aid Coordinator
Tracy Jones: Administration & Finance Manager.
- Emma Rylands: Administrator.
Where to go
Wootton Village Memorial Hall
- MK43 9JB
- Get directions
- Age Bands
- 0-4 years old
- Has Provision
- Has Provision
- We do have parking/disabled parking facilities. The building is fully wheelchair accessible. We have disabled toilet facilities and changing facilities. Children are able to access all of the activities and have appropriate support in the garden area to access sandpit and outdoor mud kitchen. We have recently purchased some lovely sensory resources via a local Parish Council Grant. We also have experienced 1:1 staff. Our SENDCO is Claire Buchanan. Claire is head practitioner at our setting and is a Level 3 Early Years Practitioner. Claire has also completed the Cache Level 3 qualification in supporting children with additional needs and the SENDCO 2-day training led by the Early Years Team. Claire is also certified to conduct ‘Lift Off to Language’ sessions and weekly run sessions to support children with speech & language and physical, social and educational needs. Claire has attended ‘talk for all’ courses, ‘signing for little talkers’ and is also our Deputy Safeguarding Officer and Behaviour co-ordinator.
- Has Provision
- Breakfast and snacks ONLY are provided by the pre-school
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report