Peter’s Place is a refurbished Grade II listed building at 8 The Crescent which has recently been developed to combine comfortable surroundings and appropriate adaptations to meet the needs of the service users, providing six ensuite bedrooms in the main house and a further seven bedrooms in a newly built extension. Whilst those service users in Peter's Place will have a totally self contained home and landscaped garden, there will be opportunity for service users to mix with the service users from 12 The Crescent, the adjacent care home, if this is felt appropriate and in their best interests, particularly for social events.
Peter’s Place is located in Bedford Town Centre within walking distance of Local Shops, Banks, Post Office and Library.
Peter’s Place at 8 The Crescent provides two ground floor bedrooms with ensuite shower rooms in the main building, with four first floor ensuite bedrooms upstairs. The seven bedded ground floor extension has a further seven rooms with ensuites, providing a total of 13 rooms. Ceiling track hoists can be installed as and when required by individual service users and a nurse call system with access to modern assistive technology (such as epilepsy monitors, door alarms, bed sensors etc.) is in situ to summon staff assistance when necessary and alert staff.
- Qualified and experienced care staff.
- Very large passenger lift (carries 8 people or service user in any specially adapted chair or on a stretcher with a member of staff)
- Specially adapted bathrooms which include wet room showers and a high low sensory bath
- Large step down lift
- Landscape garden with water feature and a sensory room and garden • Patio areas immediately outside each of the annex bedrooms
- Flat screen televisions in every room and potential for Sky TV subscriptions
- GP, Optician and dentist visit regularly
- Chiropody, Dietician, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy services can be requested as needed
- Transport available on request
Crescent Nursing Home at 12 The Crescent boasts a Day Centre and a cinema room which are managed by a day care co-ordinator and has the potential to be made available to service users at Peter’s Place. This provides recreational and daily living activities Monday to Friday for Service Users and also for the community which includes day trips and holidays. An adapted minibus is available to ensure service users can remain socially inclusive and to provide transport to and from the community.
Hot and cold meals are available. Varied and nutritious food is offered and individual variations are catered for. Service users are encouraged to plan the menus with staff ensuring their personal preferences are catered for.
Who to contact
- 01234 266933
Where to go
- Peter's Place
8, The Crescent
- MK40 2RU
- Get directions
- Age Bands
18-25 years old
Parents and carers