MindFit for All
We are a not-for-profit organisation helping to support children, young people and adults, who may be vulnerable. There is currently overwhelming pressure on schools, the NHS and other agencies, to help people who are struggling with mental health needs, physical needs and behavioural needs. We provide either an alternative or additional resource to current interventions, by using CBT therapy, mentoring and physical activity.
Our objective is:
- To inspire and support children and adults who may be hard to reach.
- To develop and greatly improve their physical, but perhaps more importantly, their mental health.
- To help and enable them to set and achieve personal goals.
- To develop their self-esteem and motivation, through a programme of mentoring and physical training.
- To give them the tools they need to develop resilience as well as understanding and managing their emotions.
- To help support people who may be struggling with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression.
Who do we want to reach?
Although our programme is open to all, we particularly want to reach children and young people who:
- Receive pupil premium funding
- Are at risk of exclusion or have been excluded from an educational setting
- Have special educational needs
- Have mental health needs
- Looked After Children
- Young carers
- Children from Service families
- Anyone vulnerable
Crucially, we offer tailored programmes to meet the needs of the individuals. We offer 1:1 sessions as well as group sessions, depending on the needs of the people. We carry out assessments to establish a baseline and measure the impact of the programme.
Science tells us that exercise directly improves our mental and emotional health and we passionately believe that through this medium we can develop peoples’ ability to use growth mindset which will impact on all areas of their lives, ensuring better outcomes, academically and emotionally, both short and long term. We want to instil the belief in people that they are the architects of their own destinies. That they too can run marathons and set up their own businesses! We want to encourage the next generation to dream big and have the motivation to work hard to achieve those dreams.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Alyssa Gunn
- Contact Position
- MindFit for All
MindFit For All is a not-for-profit organisation, founded by Alyssa Gunn and Simon Desborough.
Simon is a qualified personal trainer with years of experience and his own personal training/bootcamp business. He provides PT and bootcamp sessions for adults and children and runs weekly sessions in local schools and pre-schools. Simon coaches and trains people with a range of abilities, from beginners to experienced athletes.
Alyssa is a qualified teacher and SENDCo , and holds a diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. She has experience of schools in both London and Bedfordshire. She is experienced in safeguarding as well as special educational needs and disabilities, and has worked closely with many vulnerable children and families. She is also a volunteer for Shout, the crisis text line. Alyssa is a marathon runner, completing the London Marathon in 2018 and 2019 and has recently started to take on triathlons too.
Where to go
- We travel to settings e.g schools, colleges, etc in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
- SG19 2LQ
- Get directions
We generally travel to settings such as schools and homes, to work with people.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm
- Session Information
Frequency and length of sessions arranged to meet the needs of the client.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Ranges between £35-£50 per session
- We create bespoke programmes and quotes depending on the needs of the client.
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
5-10 years old