Herrings Green Activity Farm & Bird of Prey Centre - Coronavirus update
Visiting Us – COVID-19 Update
We are Opening – April 12th (7 days a week 10.00 – 5.00)
We are pleased to say that we are reopening on April 12th (subject to Goverment restrictions), and we cant wait to see you!
Step out into the farm and enjoy a family day surrounded by our beautiful birds and animals! During your visit you can meet many of our beautiful farm animals including; Highland cows, ponies, goats, rabbits, guineas pigs, alpacas, chickens, turkeys, parrots, wallaby, skunk and dont forget Spring has sprung down at the farm and we have welcomed into the world out baby goats
We are home to one of the largest collections of birds of prey in the UK, take a walk around the centre and see our spectacular Eagles, Owls, Hawks, Falcons, Kites and even pelicans.
The children’s playgrounds are open so parents can sit back and relax while the children play. Our tea room does remain closed so we encourage families to bring a packed lunch.
We will also give you your own bag of animal food so you can feed some of the animals during your visit.
Herrings Green Farm – Opening Procedures
- Tickets are available to book through our website, you can find these on the tab – Book a visit.
- Under new government guidance track and trace data has to be provided for all adults, when you arrive at the farm you will need to scan the QR code using the NHS Covid-19 app. If you don’t have the app you will need to give your details to the staff on the gate.
- On arrival guests will need to go to the farm shop to sign in and collect your bag of animal feed.
- If you are a member or have a complimentary pass please come to the farm shop on arrival to sign in.
Your visit will be different to what you normally would experience, under the government guidelines there are some activities/enclosures that at this present time we are not permitted to do/open. These will be in place until further notice.
What has been done to make your visit safe:
- A one way system has been put into place, with reminders that a 2 metre distance must be maintained while visiting the centre.
- Hand sanitisers on on the entrance and exit of the site, please ensure you sanitise upon entering the centre and on exit.
- There are ample hand wash stations around the centre and hand sanitiser stations.
- At this present time under the government guidelines we are not permitted to run any keeper talks/animal meet and greets and flying displays, this is in place to avoid large groups of guests congregating. This will be in place until further notice.
- Indoor animal enclosures remain closed until further notice.
- There are no tractor and trailer rides at this current time.
- The tea room is closed but you can purchase drinks, snacks and ice creams from the farm shop. You are welcome to bring your own picnic.
What else do you need to know?
- Please take careful note of all the signage which marks a directional route around our farm and respect that our staff are here to keep you safe as possible.
- Please take note of the governments restrictions on the ‘rule of six’. This means that there is a maximum of six people permitted in your booking and this includes children. Our team are monitoring our site and may remind customers of their responsibilities on social distancing guidelines if they are in large groups.
- Signage to remind visitors of social distancing and hand washing.
- It is compulsory to wear a face covering in our farm shop and toilets. As with all shops and other indoor spaces, you don’t need to wear a face covering if you have medical reasons. Young children under the age of 11 years also don’t need to wear one.
Please delay your visit if you or any of your family members are feeling unwell.
You will be expected to follow Government Guidelines while on site.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Herring Green Farm
Cotton End Road
- MK45 3DT
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 10am to 4pm
- Time of day
- Family Farm Visit £30.00 per family (maximum of 6 guests per family) – Sessions MUST be arranged in advance
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old