Herrings Green Activity Farm & Bird of Prey Centre - reopening Coronavirus update
We are opening up the zoo to small family groups at timed intervals during the day, this provides our visitors with a safe environment for some much needed family time. At the current time we are allowing 12 families to book in every hour for a two hour visit.
During your you can view some of our farm animals including; Highland cows, ponies, goats, rabbits, guineas pigs, alpacas, chickens, turkeys, parrots, wallaby and you can even meet some of our baby goats. We will also give you your own bag of animal food so you can feed some of the animals during your visit as well as an activity book for each child. Once you have spent an hour on the farm you can then go on to spend an hour with our fantastic birds of prey, with just under 200 birds there is plenty to see.
We are opening up 2 hour slots AND WE e will be booking families in two weeks at a time as this allows us to monitor the situation and to make sure all safety measures are followed correctly . Times of each hour sessions are as followed:
10.00 – 12.00
11.15 – 1.15
12.30 – 2.30
1.45 – 3.45
3.00 – 5.00
Visits MUST be booked in advance with a deposit of £5.00 paid, any families which turn up without booking will be turned away.
Guests will need to arrive 5 minutes before their session starts. On arrival please go to the farm shop where you will pay your admission before entry.
What has been done to make your visit safe:
- Tickets to visit the centre can only be booked online. This allows us to control the number of guests visiting each day. Allotted time slots are available with a maximum of 2 hours on site for your visit. Any one that hasn’t booked tickets will be refused entry.
- A one way system has been put into place, with reminders that a 2 metre distance must be maintained while visiting the centre.
- Hand sanitisers on on the entrance and exit of the site, please ensure you sanitise upon entering the centre and on exit.
- There are ample hand wash stations around the centre and hand sanitiser stations. These are being cleaned every hour.
- The toilets are now gender mutual, one family ONLY at one time. Toilets are being cleaned every hour.
- Children’s play areas remain closed until further notice.
- There are currently no keeper talks/animal meet and greets and flying displays, this is in place to avoid large groups of guests congregating. This will be in place until further notice.
- Indoor animal enclosures remain closed until further notice.
- The tea room is closed but you can purchase drinks, snacks and ice creams from the farm shop. You are welcome to bring your own picnic.
Please delay your visit if you or any of your family members are feeling unwell.
You will be expected to follow Government Guidelines while on site.
In response to those that have vouchers/experience days we have put together some suggestions below. While we remain closed we are reviewing our planned events, experiences and bookings. The summary below outlines our current situation and the commitments we have made so far.
Who to contact
- 01234 742632
Where to go
- Herring Green Farm
Cotton End Road
- MK45 3DT
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Two hour visits can be booked throughout the day during a two week period 10.00 – 12.00 11.15 – 1.15 12.30 – 2.30 1.45 – 3.45 3.00 – 5.00
- Time of day
- Family Farm Visit £30.00 per family (maximum of 6 guests per family) – Sessions MUST be arranged in advance
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old