Arranging and accessing Children and Adults Blood Tests at Bedford Hospital sites
Children’s Blood Tests
Children under sixteen need to attend the children and teenager’s outpatient unit in Cygnet Wing, at Bedford Hospital (South Wing). All children’s blood tests are by appointment only.
From Monday 18 October 2021, additional appointment systems have been introduced. There will be a number of ways to book an appointment including:
- Using the online booking service (available 24/7). Patients will need to register online using the child’s details: www.bedfordpaediatrics.sangix.co.uk
- The automated telephone booking service using the child’s details (available 24/7). The telephone number is: 01234 868006
When booking the appointment, please register with your child’s details.
You can speak to our Paediatric team Monday to Friday during limited opening hours (9am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm) on 01234 730421, if your child has additional needs, or those with special requests such as fasting, genetics and hormone tests. Also, please call this number if you are unable to book an urgent appointment within a week’s time. Please endeavour to call this number only for the criteria listed as the line can get very busy. If possible, appointments should be booked online or via the automated booking system.
If you have been asked to have a glucose tolerance test (GTT) this is by appointment only. Please ring 01234 792160 to make an appointment.
Adult Outpatients Blood Tests
All Adult Outpatients Blood Tests at Caudwell Centre (South Wing) have been moved to Gilbert Hitchcock House (North Wing).
Please call to make an appointment on 01234 607075 or online atwww.bedford.sangix.co.uk.
A new appointment system has been introduced and will be available for patients to pre-book appointments. This appointment system has been implemented to ensure a reduction in the waiting and queuing time for blood tests and to ensure everyone is seen safely and social distancing measures are observed to protect both our staff and our patients.
Patients are now able to book appointments by:
- Using the online booking service (available 24/7). Patients will need to register online: www.bedford.sangix.co.uk
- The automated telephone booking service (available 24/7). The telephone number is: 01234 607075
- Booking an appointment in person by visiting the department.
The Trust will maintain a limited walk-in service. Patients will be given an appointment, if available, at the next appointment time for that day, or offered an appointment for another day.
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old