Disabled Persons Railcard
Get 1/3 off adult rail fares for travel on the National Rail network in Great Britain.
If you're travelling with another adult they will also get 1/3 off their rail fare, so you can save money for your carer, a friend or a family member too!
There are no time restrictions on the Disabled Persons Railcard, so you can use it to get a discount on tickets at any time of the day.
Get 1/3 off the following tickets:
*Discount is only available on tickets as part of a journey from/to a National Rail station and on combined rail/sea journeys from/to Ryde Hoverport
Disabled Persons Railcard holders can register their Railcard discount onto their Oyster card to get 1/3 off Oyster pay as you go single fares and daily caps on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway services.
Railcard discounts can be registered on an Oyster card at any London Underground or London Overground station, as well as any National Rail station ticket office that issues Oyster cards.
Oyster pay as you go discounts are for the Disabled Persons Railcard holder only.
As a special concession, a Disabled Persons Railcard holder travelling on Oyster pay as you go can get 1/3 off an Off-Peak Day Travelcard Zones 1-6 (including stations in London Zones 7-9 if required) for one adult travelling with them.
The accompanying person must travel with the Railcard holder for the whole of the journey.
If the Disabled Persons Railcard holder is travelling on a Disabled Person's Freedom Pass, they cannot use their Disabled Persons Railcard to buy a discounted ticket for an accompanying person.
See the Transport for London website for more details on Oyster pay as you go.
Your Disabled Persons Railcard WON'T apply to:
- Some tickets may have conditions or restrictions that will apply, such as time restrictions for return travel.
- Not every ticket type is available for every journey that you may wish to make.
- Minimum fares apply to Anytime Day Travelcards at all times
Are You Eligible?
The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult.
You will qualify if you:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
If you believe you might be eligible but do not meet one of the above requirements, you may contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
Proof of Eligibility
You would need to provide one of the below as evidence of your eligibility with your application as detailed in the following table:
How to Apply
To apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard follow these simple steps:
- Alternatively, you can download and complete one of our application forms (range of formats available) and post it with a copy of your evidence of eligibility and payment to:
Disabled Persons Railcard
PO Box 6613
Please make cheques and postal orders payable to 'Disabled Persons Railcard'
Allow 10 working days* for your Railcard to be delivered
Please note, Disabled Persons Railcards are not available to buy at the station.
- See our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 0345 605 0525 (0700hrs to 2200hrs Monday to Sunday every day except Christmas Day. Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.)
- Minicom/textphone: 0345 601 0132 (for customers with hearing impairments)
* Please note, all Railcards are sent by Second Class with Royal Mail. Second Class mail aims to deliver by the third working day after posting, including Saturday. You have the option of paying £6.50 for our Special Delivery service. Providing you have placed your order before 1600hrs this will guarantee that your Railcard is delivered within two days (Monday to Thursday) or three days (Friday to Sunday).
Who to contact
- 1 year Disabled Persons Railcard £20 3 year Disabled Persons Railcard £54
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
5-10 years old