Santa Pod Raceway - Coronavirus update
The good news is that we are open and holding our events with camping and spectators…
So, if you want to see 300mph Dragsters and Funny Cars going from 0-100mph in less than 1 second you need to be at this “Not the European Finals” event…
The New Normal at Santa Pod – Important Information
- The GRANDSTANDS will be open with a one-way system in place to allow for social distancing. Please pay attention to markers, signage and stewards which will be clearly visible to help you navigate your way to a seat. Hand Sanitising stations will be available at the entrances to the grandstands.
- A one-way system is also in place for accessing the SPECTATOR BANK – please adhere to all signage and take any instruction given by our stewards and security. We ask you refrain from standing or sitting on the pathway that runs across the top of the bank to allow for social distancing and clear access.
- The RWYB PITS/RACE PADDOCK remain open for the public to walk around however, please DO NOT enter any pit bays and maintain social distancing from racers, crew and other visitors.
- We need to enforce a rule of a maximum of 2 support crew per car in the PAIRING AND STAGING LANES, any additional crew will be asked to vacate the restricted areas.
- PITSIDE PARKING is a new addition to our Lite events and you will be asked to park with social distancing in mind AND we will be enforcing one-way systems to anyone walking around the area.
- SOUND SYSTEMS - Whilst we appreciate it’s what you installed your sound system for, we ask you not to use it when you’re parked up at the moment or do anything with your vehicle that encourages crowds to gather round and cause people to raise their voices.
- We are delighted to inform you that we can now offer SHOWER facilities – these will be open with increased cleaning regimes in place. Please be mindful of all signage in place and take any instruction from the Hygiene Team.
STAY ALERT – CONTROL THE VIRUS – SAVE LIVES – And help keep Santa Pod safe too!
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. New hygiene, social distancing and safety measures have been introduced around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene and Safety Measures:
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. (www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/)
- We encourage all participants (RWYB, DWYB, Racers & Crew) to bring their own first aid kits where possible for minor injuries.
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units, bar and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash.
- The pits will be marked out to allow for social distancing between each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within the marked pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security. Additional parking will be available for Crew.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets, Catering Units, Bar and Pod Shop. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- For Weekend Ticket holders camping is available.
Please be Aware! Important Covid Camping Information
We are delighted to be able to offer you camping facilities for events HOWEVER, in order to safeguard the continuation of camping at Santa Pod, we ask you to adhere strictly to the following rules!
Current GOVERNMENT guidelines state that you cannot stay overnight away from your home with members of more than one other household (your support bubble counts as one household.)
Therefore, PLEASE follow the instructions of our stewards – these are challenging times – let’s not make their job more difficult!
- You will be allocated a camping pitch on arrival according to our new Covid-secure campsite regulations.
- Large group pitches WILL NOT be allowed.
- You should take care to limit your interactions with anyone outside of your group and you should continue to maintain social distancing from those that you do not live with.
- Please use our extra wide roadways to get to other places on site – DO NOT stray into the camping areas of our other visitors.
- Remember your campsite manners and refrain from playing loud music or causing any kind of disturbance that may antagonise your neighbours or cause an unnecessary gathering of people and our stewards. The safety of our staff is important too.
- Abusive or threatening behaviour towards our staff or other visitors WILL NOT be tolerated and may result in an end to your stay and future visits.
- Keep your pitch clean and tidy and use the bin bags we give you to clear up before you leave!
If you have any campsite concerns during your stay then please contact any nearby steward/member of security OR call the Security Team on 07795(672170).
Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site!
COVID-19 - Tickets
Unfortunately due to Coronavirus and in line with Government Guidelines we have been forced to suspend some scheduled events at Santa Pod Raceway in 2020. Therefore ticket holders will receive a full credit to your Santa Pod Ticket Shop account equal to exactly what you’ve already paid, which can be redeemed against any Santa Pod Raceway event within the next 24 months. This will be added to your account and contrary to our standard terms and conditions, this credit will be available for 24 months instead of the standard 12 AND include any booking and postage fees that you’ve paid.
We are operating with a reduced workforce like so many other businesses causing a significant delay in our normal administration processes but we will be in touch with all our visitors as soon as we have more information to share. We are also trying hard to instigate a few more bells and whistles on our ticketing platform to make some of the admin quicker and more efficient for us all. Bear with us, while we work through all the communications, enquiries and requests from our customers – we’re dealing with everything as quickly as possible but it’s not easy.
Rest assured that we will get around to you!
In the meantime, we will keep you updated via our website, newsletters and social media.
Once again, thank you for your understanding during these very challenging circumstances.
"If ever there was ever a time when Santa Pod needed your support, it is now. We are asking you help us through this crisis by accepting the full credit values that we will be offering to every single one of our customers who have purchased advance tickets to affected events. On behalf of Santa Pod Raceway and all the staff I would like to thank you for all the support we have had over the past decades and sincerely hope we can count on your support. Help us to get through this - and in return we will continue to bring you the most exciting events in motorsport and entertainment in the UK." - CEO - Keith Bartlett
Welcome to Santa Pod Raceway
Home of the FIA European Drag Racing Championships, the fastest & loudest motorsport on Earth!
Santa Pod hosts over 50 events including: National drag race meetings, modified car shows, VW Beetle & Camper festivals, Japanese performance car events, retro & classic car events, Run What Ya Brung (RWYB) and Drift What Ya Brung (DWYB) public track days.
Fantastic family days out in the heart of England (on the border of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire) and see Top Fuel Dragsters, Jet Cars, Rocket Bikes, Monster Trucks, Drifting, Stunt Displays and much more.
Disabled visitors should be aware that the Santa Pod Raceway venue is located on the site of a former airfield. The site is approx. 155 acres some of which are grassed areas and fields. Although we endeavour to maintain good conditions underfoot, please be aware that there may be uneven ground and the campsites/general parking areas are grassland at most events. There are some permanent roadways within the site and large areas of hard standing/tarmac where it is possible to visit the race paddock, catering and trade areas. There are also some stone pathways which can be difficult to negotiate. The weather can have a considerable impact on how easy it is for people to move around the site so please take this into consideration when deciding on what equipment to bring with you. Please note that the layouts of events may vary.
Whilst there are picnic benches dotted around the site plus other seated areas, it is a large venue which may involve a modest walk to visit the many and varied attractions. For those visitors who find walking distances a bit more challenging, you may wish to bring your own fold up chairs or alternatives just in case. Stewards will be on hand to help as well as the medical team if you need any assistance.
There is a small dedicated Disabled Car Park on tarmac for suitable weekend ticket holders/campers and an additional car park nearer the race paddock. These are in operation for most events but may be relocated at certain events depending on the site layout required. Disabled visitors will be informed by our stewards on arrival where to park. A blue badge must be displayed to be eligible to park in the allocated disabled parking areas. These will operate on a first come first served basis.
Wheelchair Viewing Areas
A dedicated raised viewing platform is provided for wheelchair users which offers a limited number of seats for accompanying personal assistants and carers. Whilst we will try to accommodate accompanying family and friends, please note that at busy times this platform will be restricted to one personal assistant or carer. This platform is for racetrack viewing only.
A dedicated disabled toilet is located in each of the main toilet blocks (except for the furthest block in the race paddock). Please note that depending on the size and layout of the event, not all toilet blocks will be open.
Personal Assistant Ticket Concession
Santa Pod Raceway currently operates a 2 for 1 admission ticket concession for disabled visitors who require a personal assistant or carer. You will need to provide a copy without exception of your most recent DLA letter for care and/or mobility (higher or middle) or receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) showing your current entitlement.
Claiming your concession ticket
Buy one ticket in advance at www.eticketing.co.uk/santapodraceway or on arrival at the event. Your concession tickets will be made available on arrival upon verification of the correct documentation. (Only full price tickets qualify for this offer).
First Aid and Medical Assistance
For all events qualified medical staff and facilities are available. Special medical requirements or concerns should be highlighted prior to arrival by calling 01234 782828. This will allow us to make arrangements to ensure we provide you with the required level of medical care.
No animals are allowed on site with the exception of officially registered assistance dogs. (Full details here).
The above policy is in effect for Santa Pod organised events only. Third party events may operate a different policy and therefore you should check specific terms and condition in case they differ.
The disabled facilities and PA scheme are not open to people with temporary injuries or conditions. However, if you have a temporary injury or condition and are concerned about your visit to our site, please contact the office in advance and we will endeavour to assist you.
If you do experience any problems we would like to hear from you at the event if possible so that we are able to rectify your problem and you are able to enjoy the rest of your day. Should you experience any problems during your visit, please contact any member of staff and ask for the Event Manager who will make every effort to assist you.
Who to contact
- 01234 782828
Where to go
- Santa Pod Raceway
Santa Pod Raceway
- NN29 7XA
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Please see the calendar under Events & Tickets on the website
- Ticket & Information Hotline: Buy your tickets online at www.santapodtickets.com or phone Box Office on 01234 782828.
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old
- SEN Provision Type