Looked After Children Health Service - run by Bedfordshire Community Health Services Coronavirus update
In order to deliver the best possible patient care during the Coronavirus outbreak, we will be re-organising aspects of children's services that are provided and delivered by Bedfordshire Community Health Services. Please see the details on our public website (www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk/Bedfordshire/coronavirus) for which services will be continuing, what changes will be made, and what will be suspended until further notice.
Looked After Children team: will only deliver services to meet prioritised needs (e.g. those at increased risk of harm from social isolation); safeguarding work (case review not routine checks); telephone advice (could be undertaken regionally); and initial health assessments (see community paediatricians below).
What we do
The Looked After Children (LAC) Service aims to ensure the health of looked after children by providing holistic health care from birth to 17 (inclusive) years of age.
Providing statutory health assessments, information and a link to health for looked after children and young people, parents, carers and other professionals working with LAC.
- To co-ordinate and monitor health assessment reviews for children placed in Bedfordshire by Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough Local Authorities
- To arrange and co-ordinate health assessment reviews for co-shared care children placed out of Bedfordshire
- To ensure that looked after children have equality of access to health care
Who to contact
- 01234 310165
Where to go
- Looked after Children's Team (Cambridge Community Health Services in Bedfordshire)
Union Street Clinic
- MK40 2SF
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday – Friday, 09.00 – 17.00
- Referral required
- Referral Details
How to access the service
Referrals come from the Central Bedfordshire Council and Bedford Borough Council looked after children teams.
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old