Bedford SEND Independent Advice & Support Service SENDIASS (formerly SEND Advice) - Coronavirus update
We are still available the best way to contact us is by telephone 01234 276267
Who are we?
We are Bedford’s SENDIASS (SEND Informative Advice & Support Service,) supporting parents of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities, through education 0-25 years.
What do we do?
We provide confidential support concerning educational issues for residents of Bedford Borough. We are impartial from school, local authority, health, social care and other organisations to provide advice and support. We are a small service of two staff, but we aim to respond to enquiries within two working days, although at our busiest times it may take longer.
- attend meetings with a young person and or parents, to give moral support and impartial advice
- provide telephone, email or in person advice about educational issues such as examples of good practice, the 2014 SEND Code of Practice and how it relates to your education or your child’s education
- advice and support regarding support in nurseries, schools and colleges to meet your child’s needs
- advice regarding school admissions and exclusions regarding children/young people with SEND
- Support to request assessment for an EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan) for children and young people, whose needs are above those expected to be met from your child or young person’s school, college or setting
Who to contact
Where to go
- Borough Hall
- MK42 9AP
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
No, we do not accept referrals from professionals. We ask that the young person or parent contacts us directly.
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type