Journey Assistance Cards - Stagecoach
Journey Assistance Cards - get help when you need it
Journey Assistance Cards are available for you to use if you need a bit more help when using the bus. They’ll make it easier for you to let our bus drivers know what extra help you need.
You can use your cards any time of the day, seven days a week, on any of our bus services.
Who can apply for our Standard Journey Assistance Cards
You can apply for Journey Assistance Cards if you have:
- limited vision or hearing
- difficulty in communicating
- special educational needs
- English is not your first language
- you need extra time or help to find a seat
Standard Journey Assistance Cards
Our Journey Assistance Cards have been developed with our trade body, the Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT).
The cards available are:
- please be patient, I am deaf
- please be patient, I am visually impaired
- please be patient, I have difficulty speaking
- please be patient, I am hard of hearing
- please speak slowly and face me to help me hear better
- please scan my pass for me
- please count my change for me
- please help me find a seat
- please give me time to sit, in case I fall down
- driver, please let me know when we get to . . .
- please tell me when we reach my stop
Apply for your Standard Journey Assistance Card
Once you've filled in the application form, we'll email you a card that you can save to your phone and show to the driver when you get on the bus - or you can download and print your card. If you don't have access to a smartphone or printer, please contact your local team and they'll arrange for a printed card to be sent to you.
You may also be eligible for discounted travel
Journey Assistance Cards don’t give you free or discounted travel. You may be eligible for a concessionary bus pass which would allow you to travel for free on most local bus services
Lost Journey Assistance Cards
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old