Integrated Front Door (previously MASH)
About the Integrated Front Door (IFD)
The IFD brings together the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Early Help Hub in one place to facilitate early, better quality information sharing, analysis and decision-making to safeguard children, young people and families more effectively.
The Early Help Hub focuses on partnership working with agencies to provide children, young people and families with early help assessments and intervention to ensure families are able to access services and support at the right time.
How to contact the Integrated Front Door
If your concern is of an immediate safeguarding nature then please contact the Integrated Front Door on 01234 718700 during office hours (8.45am to 5.20pm, Monday to Thursday; 8.45am to 4.20pm on a Friday) or out of office hours please call the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0300 300 8123.
01234 718700 during office hours
0300 300 8123 out of hours
Submit a MASH Enquiry form at:
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL REFERRALS INTO THE LOCAL OFFER AS YOU WILL ONLY BE REQUESTED TO COMPLETE THE ABOVE FORM
Agencies in the MASH
The MASH is a partnership between:
- Bedford Borough Children’s Services
- Community Health Services
Virtual links exist to other agencies such as:
- Mental Health
- Adult Health Services
- IDVA Service
- Youth Offending Service
- Drug and Alcohol Services
What does the Integrated Front Door do?
The IFD acts as the first point of contact for receiving all early help assessments and safeguarding concerns or enquiries.
Early Help assessments are screened and prepared for the daily early help allocation meeting, therefore enabling fast effective access to support, help and intervention for children, young people and families.
By collating information and intelligence across partners within Bedford Borough, the MASH ensures all safeguarding activity and intervention is timely, proportionate and necessary for keeping children and young people safe.
By working closely together in the Integrated Front Door, each partner is in the best position to make effective decisions.
Within the Integrated Front Door, there are qualified practitioners who offer a consultation service to professionals that are concerned about the welfare of a child. The aim of consultations is to support agencies to respond to concerns effectively and agree next steps required.
Consultation Number: 01234 718700
Benefits of the Integrated Front Door
The Integrated Front Door brings the following benefits:
- Faster more coordinated and consistent responses to safeguarding concerns about children and families
- An improved journey for the child with greater emphasis on early intervention and better informed services provided at the right time
- Greater ability to identify potential vulnerability enabling more preventative action to be taken
- Closer partnership working, clearer accountability and less duplication of work
- Improved sharing of information to enable risks to children to be identified at the earliest opportunity
Any professional making a referral to the Integrated Front Door needs to discuss this with the parents first and gain their consent, unless to do so would place the child at significant risk of harm.
If you have a query about consent and making a referral, please use the consultation line to discuss.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Intergrated Front Door
- 01234 718700 during office Hours Monday to Thursday 8:45 am to 5:20 pm, Friday 8:45 to 4:20 pm, out of hours available at all other times or 0300 300 8123
Office Hours Monday to Thursday 8:45am to 5:20pm, Friday 8:45 to 4:20pm, out of hours available at all other times
Where to go
- Borough Hall
- MK42 9AP
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 01234 718700 during office hours (08:45am to 17:20pm, Monday to Thursday; 08:45am to 16:20pm on a Friday or out of office hours please call the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0300 300 8123.
- Time of day
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old