Grove Farm pick your own (PYO) - COVID-19 UPDATE
The PYO now covers approximately 80 acres with over 30 different fruits and vegetables from June through to October. Our Pick Your Own enables you to select your produce fresh from the field, in season, at it’s best!
The farm is situated on the outskirts of Ivinghoe Village within the Chiltern Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is beautiful open countryside that is easily accessible from Aylesbury, Luton, Milton Keynes and London.
A visit is a wonderful day out for children. It is a big, safe site away from general traffic in the fresh country environment. Also it is educational for children to help you pick and see how different crops grow, it might even encourage some to eat more “greens”!
If you like to enjoy a picnic we have many beautiful sites to go to nearby, please ask any member of the family or staff for directions.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation there will be changes to the way Grove Farm PYO operates. In line with Government and Industry advice there will be restrictions in place and rules to follow in order to keep our staff and customers safe. These will override any other information on this site.
To minimise contact and reduce risk we are going to operate a one way system. On the way in you buy new empty packaging at the kiosk, then go to the field and fill it and then simply walk straight out to the car park. This eliminates the need to queue at the end and weigh. You can buy more packaging in the field but we cannot accept packaging handed back or give refunds. There will be no toilet or handwash facilities, no wheelbarrows and no refreshments. You cannot take any bags in with you nor eat anywhere on site.
Hopefully as well as reducing risk we think this system will be quicker and even though we are having to restrict the numbers at any one time, everyone will get a chance to pick with a quicker turnover. We will operate this system for the foreseeable future, possibly throughout the fruit season. For the time being a visit to Grove Farm PYO is not for leisure or socialising it is for essential food retail only.
Please read and follow the below.
1) You must not visit if you or anyone in your household has any Covid-19 symptoms or is feeling unwell.
2) You must follow the directions of our staff at all times.
3) Only cars admitted, no minibuses or coaches allowed. Maximum 5 people all from the same household.
4) Stay in your car group and do not mix with any other car or household groups.
5) We will limit the number of people allowed in at any one time and operate a one in one out system.
6) There will be no toilet or handwash facilities.
7) Maintain social distancing from people not in your household, 2m where possible. Also Keep to the Left along tracks and through gateways.
8) No eating or picnicking anywhere on site, we will not be selling any refreshments.
10) Card payments only, contactless up to £45.
11) Wash the produce you have picked and your hands after your visit.
We hope for everyone that things improve soon and when they do we will look at easing some of these restrictions and reinstating some services when it is safe to do so.
Monday – Saturday 10 – 5 (close at 6)
Sunday 9 – 12 (close at 1)
Last entry is one hour before closing time to allow you to get around the site, pick and pay in time.
Who to contact
- 01296 668175 (Recorded Message Only)
Where to go
- Grove Farm PYO
- LU7 9DZ
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday – Saturday 10 – 5 (close at 6) Sunday 9 – 12 (close at 1) Last entry is one hour before closing time to allow you to get around the site, pick and pay in time.
- Time of day
- Age Bands
11-14 years old
18-25 years old
Parents and carers
15-17 years old
0-4 years old
5-10 years old