Skip to main content

Advice & Information Search Results

Advice & Information

Directory results

Early Years SEND Funding

Most early years settings can support children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) by following the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), and most children’s needs are met without additional funding. Bedford Borough has co-produced with a range of key stakeholders 'Guidance on Meeting Special Educational…

New Hate Crime Service

We have recently opened a new Hate Crime service that has been funded by the Police Crime Commission. This service supports victims of hate crime and is free of charge.    The new service called Bedfordshire's Community Mediation Service. This service has been designed to…

Frequently Asked Questions - Tribunals

The First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability) (the “SEND Tribunal”) is an independent national tribunal which hears parents’ and young people’s appeals against LA decisions about the special educational needs of children and young people.

Types of Housing

We want all young people in Bedford to be able to choose where they live and who they live with. Some young people may want to continue to live with family or carers and others will want to move out of the home they have…

Personal Budgets for Education

A child’s parents or young person over the age of 16 providing they can make financial decisions can request a Personal Budget for Education. To be eligible for a Personal Budget for Education, the child or young person must have an EHCP, and the request…

Personal Health Budgets

The NHS explains that Personal Health Budget uses NHS funding to create an individually agreed personalised care and support plan that offers people of all ages greater choice and flexibility over how their assessed health and wellbeing needs are met. Personal health budgets are flexible.…

Domestic Abuse Support

Domestic abuse is an incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening, degrading and violent behaviour, including sexual violence, by a partner, ex-partner, a family member, or carer. If you are in immediate danger, please call 999. . Bedfordshire Domestic Abuse Partnership (BDAP) Refuge -…

HAF - Support pages

We want to make sure that all families eligible for the Holiday Activities and Food Programme are able to access support and information they may need. Click on the icons below for links to relevant websites, information and organisations.