Housing and Accommodation
There are different types of accommodation and depending on your age and circumstances; we will work with you to make sure you have safe and suitable accommodation that meets your needs.
There are certain things we must do for you as a Care Leaver:
- Provide you with safe and appropriate housing if you are aged 16 and 17.
- Give you the option to ‘stay put’ in your foster placement until the age of at least 21 if you are settled in your placement and your foster carers are happy to continue to support you.
- Provide somewhere suitable for you to live taking into account your needs and wishes.
- Review your home after 28 days and then at least every 3 months after that.
- Provide a personal advisor who visits you within a week of moving into your new home, and then visits you at least every 2 months after that.