We know that it is a big step when you move out of care and start living on your own or with friends. The Local Offer for Care Leavers outlines the support and services you can expect or request from Bedford Borough Council and the other agencies and services. As a young person who has been looked after our aim is to make sure, you feel safe and to support you to prepare for life as an adult, ensuring you have the skills to support yourself for your whole life and ultimately thrive.
Through our work with you, we will:
- Act in your best interests, and promote your physical and mental health and well-being.
- Encourage you to express your views, wishes and feelings.
- Take into account your views, wishes and feelings.
- Help you gain access to, and make the best use of, services provided by the local authority and its relevant partners.
- Promote high aspirations, and seek to secure the best outcomes, for you.
- Help you to be safe, stable in your home life, relationships and education or work; and
- Prepare you for adulthood and independent living.
The Local Offer is broken down into 10 sections as seen below
Browse by subject
- The Legal Stuff
- Your Voice
- Managing your finances (money)
- Housing and accommodation
- Staying put
- Looking after your Physical and Mental Health
- Education, employment and training
- Refugee and migrant young people
- What to do if you are not happy with the support you are getting
- Who is who and what do they do