What to do if you are not happy with the support you are getting
It is really important that you have your say about the support you get.
Your comments are important to us; good or bad and we will use it to help us improve our services.
You may wish to make a compliment (say something nice), comment (make a general statement or suggest a different way of working) or complain (tell us what you are unhappy with).
There are a number of different ways you can do this:
- Using Mind of My Own, there are more details about this in Leaflet 3 – My Voice. This can be sent straight to your worker, your workers manager or the complaints team.
- You can talk to your Social Worker or Personal Advisor
- You can contact the Bedford Borough Council Customer Relations Team and use the Corporate Complaints Process (more details below)
- You can email the Leaving and After Care Team on Email Address: LeavingandAfterCareTeam@bedford.gov.uk
- You can join the Children in Care Council, there are more details about this in Leaflet 3 – My Voice. Find our more about this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Complaints Process:
The Customer Relations Team is impartial and we are here to guide you throughout the process.
You can make a compliment, comment or complaint in any of the following ways:
- Call us on 01234 228597
- Email us on email@example.com
- Text us 07795 686459
- Download a form from https://www.bedford.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/have-your-say/complaints-and-other-feedback/
- Write to us at Customer Relations Team, Bedford Borough Council, Cauldwell Street, Bedford, MK42 9AP
Once we have received your complaint we will assess it and aim to send you an acknowledgment letter within 3 days. This letter will let you know how we are going to handle your complaint, who will be in touch with you and details of when we aim to do this by.
If you make a complaint we will make sure the person who is going to investigate your complaint has a discussion with you, either face-to-face or over the phone. If you are not happy with the outcome or decisions made, we will give you advice on what you can do next.
If you have a complaint againt your solicitor you can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:
- Calling them on 0300 555 0333
- Going to the Legal Ombudsman website
- Emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint against the Home Office you can email them at email@example.com. Or write to them at:
Direct communications unit
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF
The Home Office fax number is: 020 7035 4745