Skip to main content

Advice and Support from Social Workers and Personal Advisors

Your Social Worker or Personal Advisor is there to help you to prepare to live independently and to offer advice and support after you leave care. A Social Worker is there to support young people aged 0-18 and a Personal Advisor supports young people aged 18+. A recent change in legislation means you can ask for support from your Personal Advisor up to the age of 25 (whether you are in education or not).

We will try to enable you to keep the same Personal Advisor, though this will not always be possible. We will also work to make it easy for you to keep in touch with your Personal Advisor. The amount of support that you receive from your Personal Advisor will depend on the support you need and your circumstances.

Browse by subject