Housing Advice and Options
Alongside your Personal Advisors or Social Worker, you are able to get housing advice from the Bedford Borough Council Housing Advice Team. The Housing Advice Team can give you advice on tenancy rights and responsibilities, alongside support with:
- Having a good relationship with your land-lord
- Your legal rights i.e. signing and understanding contracts and what your land-lord can and cannot do
- What to do if things are going wrong i.e. managing debts, reducing arrears and claiming the right benefits
- Mediation and relationship breakdowns
To get in touch with the Housing Advice Team you can:
Call on 01234 718058 and you can receive immediate advice. Lines are open: Monday to Thursday: 8.45am to 5.15pm and 8.45am to 5.00pm on a Friday. Or you can email the Housing Advice Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your situation and they will reply with advice.
It is important to remember you should not wait until a crisis to ask for help or advice. We know you may feel uncomfortable or embarrassed but if you think you are at risk of losing your home, the Housing Advice Team will be able to advise you of your legal rights and may be able to help you look at ways in which you can stay in your home.
You can also get independent housing advice from:
- Citizens Advice, by visiting 7a St Pauls Square, Bedford, MK40-1SQ or by calling 0844 245 1290 or by visiting www.bedfordcab.org.uk
- Shelter by calling 0808 800 4444 or by visiting www.shelter.org.uk