Parent and Carer Support for Wellbeing
We know how important it is for parents and carers to recieve support and advice on supporting their child with emotional wellbeing difficulties. We also know that many parents and carers themeslves may need additional support for their own welbeing.
Below is a list of resources for parents and carers to access
Young Minds Parent Helpline
- Young Minds Parents Helpline is available in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- You’ll get through to a trained adviser who will listen and talk through your concerns in complete confidence.
- Your adviser will help you to understand your child’s behaviour and give you practical advice on what to do next.
- If you need further help, they’ll arrange for one of our qualified mental health professionals to call you for a 50-minute telephone consultation within seven days.
- Please note, calls may be recorded for monitoring or training purposes.
- Hard of hearing or speech-impaired? Please use Typetalk or Textdirect to contact us, or use our Parents Webchat.
- If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter as a member of LanguageLine.
For more information click here
CAMHS Wellbeing Programme
This is a programme of webinars for parents and carers in Bedfordshire to get advice and strategies to support their children and young people with their emotional health and wellbeing.
The sessions are run throughout the year and are promoted on social media and on the Local Offer.
The best way of finding out more is to follow the team on Twitter @CAMHSWELLBEING1
Parent Carer (SEND) Training
Following feedback that parents/carers wanted to have one place which listed all the training available to them, we are pleased to launch our new monthly training page on the Local Offer. You can view this page by clicking here
This page will be regularly updated as we become aware of more training available so do keep coming back to check for updates.
Parent Carer Forum
Bedford Borough Parent Carer Forum (BBPCF) are a group of parents and carers of SEN & disabled children who work in partnership with local authorities, education, health, social care and other providers to ensure the services they commission, plan and deliver meet the needs of SEN & disabled children and their families. Any parent or carer of a child or young person aged 0-25 can be a member,
For more information visit their website here
Support for Adult Mental Health and Wellbeing
24 hour urgent mental health assessment hub in Bedford
Bedfordshire Recovery College
Bedfordshire and Luton Recovery College is part of the Bedfordshire Mental Health Academy which is a formal partnership with East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) and the University of Bedfordshire.
All of our online courses are FREE of CHARGE
Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service
You can self refer yourself via email: Elt-tr.bedfordIAPT@nhs.net
Or you can use this secure online form
Calm: Movement against suicide. Free, confidential helpline 0800 58 58 58 & webchat, 5pm to midday daily.
MIND - Coronavirus and your wellbeing, by Mind UK:
5 ways to wellbeing, by Mindkit:
Mental Health organisations helplines
A list of mental health organisations are available here
NHS Every Mind Matters website has loads of useful advice and there are helplines if you need someone to talk to
Samaritans: Free helpline is available round the clock on 116 123
Shout 85258: Anxious? Worried? Stressed? Feeling low? Text Shout to 85258 for free 24/7 support in the UK.
Supporting mental wellbeing resources and apps
An information guide has been compiled to bring together resources and phone apps that may be useful to maintain mental wellbeing during the Covid-19 crisis and beyond. To view click here