Dyslexia and Literacy Difficulties Guidance
This Dyslexia Guidance was co-produced with parents and carers of children with dyslexia, young people with dyslexia and professionals working in the field of dyslexia.
The original document was created by Cambridge Local Authority and has been adapted to mete the needs of the Bedford Borough Local Area.
In this document you will find:
- What is dyslexia?
- How do children learn to read?
- The Early years (0-3 years)
- What should all schools be doing to support children and young people with literacy difficulties, including dyslexia?
- Early identification and assessment
- Flow chart to show an approach to progress monitoring and response to intervention
- Specialist Assessments
- Co-occurring difficulties
- Use of technology
- A letter to my teacher from a dyslexic pupil
- Frequently asked questions for parents
- Frequently asked questions for schools
- Useful links
This document has been shared with all SENDCo's across early years settings, schools and colleges. If you feel your child may have a specific learning difficulty you should discuss this with any education, health or care professional supporting your child.