Funded childcare places for 2 years olds
Funded 2 year olds
Early education and childcare for 2 year olds
Your 2 year old may be able to get early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- children born between 1 January and 31 March are eligible from the Summer term after Easter holidays (April).
- children born between 1 April and 31 August are eligible from the Autumn term (September).
- children born between 1 September and 31 December are eligible from the Spring term (January).
If you have received a 'Play and Learning Voucher' or you think you may be eligible for 2 year old funding, set up an account and apply
If you need help with the Parent Portal please read the guidance (PDF).
If your 2 year old is Looked After, adopted, has special educational needs and disabilities or you live outside Bedford Borough, please download, print and fill in this form
If you need any further support please email email@example.com